Can I Get A Refill?

Over the past year I have been giving myself, my time and resources to other people. In a perfect world all of that would be fine and wonderful...but this world is far from perfect. Although you are expected to be just that. I have had to step back and watch, take a rearview look if you will. You see all of the people I have tried to help and support, were very much grateful for my assistance. They smiled and told me how much of a great help I had been to them. The problem is, that not many of them have returned the favor. I was left drained and alone. Angry and restentful.
God wants us to help others even if it takes away from what we have, for the Lord will provide for us and our needs if we trust him. There was something that I forgot all about, myself. You cannot give to others if you have nothing to give. There were even times when I had only enough patience and time for myself and still I was bribed to give what was left. This didn't work, I kept what I had and left that individual empty handed. I need to refill my soul and spirit, for the world will drain you completely if you let it. It may appear that I'm selfish or even self centered but, isn't everyone? As I said before the people I helped were focused on some goal having little or nothing to do with me. When they received what they needed they went back to their original focus. There is no difference in what I am doing. Only that once I have rested and recharged myself I will once again be willing and able to extend a hand to those who are in need.
I've spent most if not all my days praying and wishing for someone, just one person who was made just for me, to help recharge me as I often do for others. I have learned throughout my struggles that no one is made for that but ME. What I have also learned is that if I can balance my own happiness with my responsibilities there should be much time for what I want in life; one of those things being love. True love is found in all things from family to nature to your ideal soulmate.
I guess now the only thing left to do is become better at managing and balancing my life (things I need), and allow God to find and bring me the things that I want.
I hope after hearing about my struggles you can draw some knowledge from this and apply it to your own life. So in matters of stress and giving to much...remember REFILL. You can't get very far if the car is out of gas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ka'oir Lipstick Review & Rant

Bad Girl Twitter Beef: Judi VS Stasi

Preventing Premature Aging